Harbison-Fischer stuffing boxes have a long-standing reputation for quality, dependability and reliability. Manufactured in our state-of-the-art facility in Crowley, Texas, our stuffing boxes meet Harbison-Fischer and ISO 9001 quality standards.
All stuffing boxes use standard industry size packing and thread sizes. The upper pressure rating for all models is 2,500 psi, except for the High Temperature/High Pressure model, which is rated for 3,000 psi.
Our stuffing box models include:
- Model L – The Model L is a dual-packing stuffing box with a full circle rubber lower packing that is closed by applying pressure with a standard grease gun. This unique closing method holds back well pressure during replacement of the upper packing.
- Model DL – The Model DL is identical in operation to the Model L but with a smaller diameter for slim-hole completions.
- Pollution Control - A dual packing stuffing box, the Harbison-Fischer Pollution Control Box’s primary lower packing provides the operational packing seal for the well, while the secondary upper packing holds the pressure and directs possible leaking fluid through a fluid port to an environmental container.
- High Temperature/High Pressure. The High Temperature/High Pressure (HTP) Stuffing Box is a dual packed stuffing box with special high temperature upper and lower packings that are rated to 450º Fahrenheit and 3,000 psi.
- Models S and DS. The Model S stuffing box is identical to the Model L stuffing box, but without a lower "H" packing seal. The Model S is applicable for low-pressure wells that do not flow when the packing is replaced. The Model DS is an economy version of the S, and should be used in slim-hole applications where flowing pressure is not a consideration.
- Economy - The Harbison-Fischer Economy Stuffing Box is a single pack stuffing box for low-pressure wells that do not have a tendency to flow when the backpressure is released.
The Harbison-Fischer Well Head Tool Series of stuffing boxes, polished rod flapper valves and polished rod alignment tools deliver integrated solutions for the most troublesome problems at the sucker rod pump wellhead.
From lost production to environmental problems associated with leaking stuffing boxes, prematurely worn seals, misaligned pumping units or broken polished rods, we have a solution for every wellhead challenge.
Each tool is manufactured in our state-of-the-art, ISO 9001:2000 and API Q1 registered facility in Crowley, Texas to strict specifications that include:
- A maximum pressure rating of 2,500 psi
- A temperature range of -15° F to 300° F, with special ranges available as requested
- Available in steel or corrosion-resistant materials
- Available connections include standard and special industry threads or special flange connection specifically for Harbison-Fischer Well Head Tools
- Polished Rod sizes that include1-1/8”, 1-1/4”, 1-1/2” and liner sizes.
View Our Terms and Conditions